2014 PROM INFORMATION AND RULES
1. The 2014 homeschool prom will be March 14, from 7:30 p.m. until 10:30 p.m., at the Saks Community Center, located at 20 Hess Drive, Anniston, Alabama. Our theme will be Hollywood (classic, not modern).
2. The prom is for home schooled students who are at least 15 years of age. Home schooled students may bring a date who is not homeschooled. It is not necessary that you have a date. Tickets will be $15.00 each, and may be purchased from any member of the prom committee or from Denise Argo (email@example.com) or Wendy Lowe (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. CHEAHA membership is required to purchase prom tickets. Membership fee is $20 and can be obtained at the time tickets are purchased. Membership form is available for download at cheahahomeschool.blogspot.com.
4 The name and age of each student and the name and age of their date must be provided prior to prom night, along with a contact number. (You may provide your own cell number, but if you do, you should also provide an emergency contact number, e.g., a parent.) You do not have to have a printed ticket on prom night, but if your name and that of your date is not on the list, you will not be admitted.
5. Each person who attends the prom must be dressed in accordance with the guidelines set forth in the dress code.
6. No outside food or drink will be allowed. Refreshments will be served. If there are allergies or other circumstances that require exceptions, please contact Denise Argo or Wendy Lowe prior to prom night.
7. Once you arrive at the prom, you must stay there until you leave. For safety reasons, you may not come and go throughout the night.
8. Each person who attends the prom must behave appropriately, i.e., in a manner that brings honor to himself or herself and to the homeschool community.
9. Parents are welcome to come to the prom long enough to take pictures and see the decorations. Due to limited space, and in fairness to all parents, we ask that parents not remain at the prom the entire time. There will be chaperones at the prom.
10. For questions, call Denise Argo at 256-452-1344 or Wendy Lowe at 256-239-9089.
Home School Prom Dress Code
Tuxedos are not required for the gentlemen; if you wish to wear one that is fine, just know that it is optional. If you gentlemen do not wear a tux, you should wear a suit (or sports coat with dress pants) with a collared shirt and a tie.
Ladies are to wear long or short dresses. These can range from dressy Sunday dresses to fancy prom dresses. Please use the following guidelines in order to assure that you are dressed modestly:
1. If the dress is short, its length must be no shorter than 3 inches above than the top of the knee.
2. If the dress has a slit, it must be no higher than the top of the knee.
3. Strapless dresses and dresses with spaghetti straps will be allowed, but they must be modest. No cleavage should show.
4. The back of the dress should be no lower than the middle of back.
The key to this dress code is to dress modestly for a formal evening. If you adhere to the guidelines, you will be dressed suitably for the prom.